Making a Will is one of the most important things you can do to protect everything you have worked hard to achieve. It enables you to plan for the continuing prosperity and stability of your family and take action to reduce the impact of taxation upon your estate.
We can assist in the drafting of your Will, or the updating of an existing Will if it needs to be refreshed or amended. We can offer advice on lifetime tax and estate planning, minimising inheritance tax potentially payable on death and can also advise on associated issues e.g. Lasting Powers of Attorney and property ownership.
We are able to offer a face to face meeting at our offices or a home visit by prior arrangement. We are also able to seek instructions predominantly by telephone and email as we realise that your time is important to you.
When you are happy with your Will, we can act as witnesses and we can store your completed Wills in our fireproof storage facility at no charge to you.
Probate and Estate Administration
We have many years experience in providing advice in a sensitive way. We understand that friendliness, accessibility and approachability are essential to gain a true understanding of your needs and a broad experience has been gained by our team administering estates of varying degrees of wealth and complexity.
We can offer a full service, covering all aspects of the administration of an estate in cases where there is a Will and in cases where there is not. Our services include:
- the preparation of any legal paperwork and inheritance tax paperwork leading up to an application for a grant of probate or grant of representation;
- the release of assets from an estate to pay any funeral expenses or inheritance tax due;
- the collection and release of assets to beneficiaries named in a Will or to those beneficially entitled where no Will exists;
- looking at tax saving opportunities or variations to an estate with the agreement of the beneficiaries;
- the preparation of Estate accounts;
- the sale of any property forming part of the estate;
- the resolution of any family disputes within the Estate administration.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone or email, details of which can be found on our “Contact Us” page.